hola hola!! Here I am in the MTC. It’s awesome and difficult and everything that people usually say. I am in a zone with missionaries who either speak Spanish fluently or have studied it like me, but we all speak English pretty well too. It’s fun because we can switch between Spanish and English and Spanglish. There is so much to learn though! I am planning to leave for Ecuador next Monday, so this may be my only Preparation Day here in the MTC. Here are some things I’ve learned so far:
- Missionaries are the cutest. It’s something about the Missionary Tag that seriously increases a person’s cuteness level by 100%. All of a sudden we’re in gym-where we don’t where the tags-and it’s a lot different… haha
- We carry lots of books. I’m still working on the best way to carry them, but no matter what I do I find a new paper-cut every night. Usually after dinner while when I use the hand-sanitizer.
- The artwork in the MTC is AWESOME. There are a ton of pictures from missionaries all over the world. My companions and I want to get on the wall someday. All we really need is a dramatic picture of us knocking on an unusually sized door. Also, the painting are great I could look at them all day.
- 4.If you’re not smiling, you’re not doing it right. Even when studying is long and I feel inadequate, I’ve learned that it’s all worth it. There is nothing that should diminish the smile that comes from knowing the Gospel is true.
- It’s not about you. We had a devotional on this topic and it was superb. I know that as I try to lose myself in the work and think about others that will be blessed. However, If I’m looking only to better myself or gain knowledge for myself, I will never achieve what I can with help from the Lord.
Anyway, missionary work is great and I am so glad to be here. I hope everyone is well at home love you lots!
I have been temporarily reassigned to Las Vegas West today!! #what At first I was surprised and didn’t know what to think, but after I thought about it for a few minutes I was just totally filled with the spirit and knew that I am supposed to be there. I may be in Las Vegas for 6 or twelve weeks and then hopefully I will be in Ecuador after that! Thanks for your love and prayers. I will update my mailing address as soon as I know it!